Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Learning Journal...

Strength

Throughout the past few weeks we have learned a lot more about learning styles. One strength that I will take aware from this course is the ability to identify how my students learn. In my opinion, it is extremely important for me to be able to identify the proper ways to reach students in order for my teaching to be effective.


Improvement

I have found that one of my weaknesses that could use some work is developing specific assignments to tailor towards my students’ learning styles. While I am a creative person, I have never had to directly develop my teachings to suit a specific type of learning style. I am going to try to learn more about how to tailor my teachings more towards my students.


Insight

In addition to learning about my students learning styles, I have also learned more about my learning styles. I have gained a better understanding of how I learn and what keeps me captivated in the classroom. Understanding my own learning styles will help me to get a better understanding of how I teach as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment